Secondary Schools There are several very good schools within easy reach of Abergavenny. The girls and boys boarding Haberdashers schools in Monmouth have a fantastic reputation and achieve high Oxford and Cambridge entries. Our daughter and granddaughter both went to the girls school and our granddaughter is now reading English in Continue Reading
Road links Llanfoist is remarkably well connected to the rest of the UK by road. Within half a mile of the house is a network of dual carriage ways. The M4 is 22 miles away leading to London and Bristol via the Severn Bridge. London is under three hours traveling Continue Reading
Gas The house enjoys a mains gas supply that was installed some fifteen years ago and is therefore in very good condition. This powers a modern gas fired condensing central heating boiler which heats both the house and hot water. The gas also powers a clothes dryer. Water The water Continue Reading
Georgian House Features in the Press Llanfoist House has appeared in a number of publications, some are more about the clothes but some are about the house itself. These latter I will include first – as and when I remember which was which and where they are in this large Continue Reading
There are five floors in the house.
1. The cellars – accessed by a door in the hallway. Stone steps lead down to the main cellar and to the side of this is a wine cellar.
2. Ground floor – Lounge, traditional original Conservatory, Dining Room, Butler’s pantry, Study, Kitchen, Family room, Utility room, Cloakroom/toilet, pantry, boot room.
3. First floor – Master bedroom with ensuite toilet, 2nd double bedroom, 3rd double bedroom, Main bathroom, seperate toilet.
4. 2nd Floor – Large 4th bedroom, 5th double bedroom, 6th single bedroom, 2nd bathroom.
5. 3rd Floor – One large U shaped room – that could make two additional bedrooms or keep as is for an additional recreation area. This attic room is accessed by a traditional staircase – NOT a loft ladder!
There is something magical about snow – our home in Llanfoist is near Abergavenny in Monmouthshire.
When we decided that we would be selli ng our house we thought it would be rather nice for someone interested to see what it is like in the winter as well as in the summer. We do not often have enough snow to cover the ground, but when we do the whole garden changes into a silent white space. This large georgian country house set in it’s own secluded gardens and grounds is currently for sale. It has been the home of the fashion designers Charles and Patricia Lester for over thirty-five years.
The side of the house freshly painted with snow!
Local scenary to enjoy every season of the year Brecon Mountain Railway – a pleasant way to see some of the local area. www.breconmountainrailway.co.uk View of the reservoir from the train. Tourist Daisy enjoying the journey on the tourist trail. We were not sure if she was admiring herself or the Continue Reading